At Klondex, we believe the implementation of a Health and Safety Management System (SMS) is at the core of our business. It is driven by the health and safety vision:
“We believe that there is no greater respect that we can show for each other than concern for our health and safety, both on and off the job. Every person will know that we care because of our actions.”
We also believe that:
- Everyone is responsible for health and safety. We are all leaders.
- Safety and production performance, together, are the foundation for operational excellence. We cannot have one without the other and remain in business.
- All injuries can be prevented.
- We will stop and think about our tasks. Every time.
- We will identify hazards, assess risk, and act in order to control the inherent risks in all of our work and at home activities.
- We will achieve world class health and safety results by continuously improving our SMS to incorporate best practices.
- Conflicts must be addressed in order to improve. We must always treat each other with respect.
At a minimum, we will meet our statutory health and safety responsibilities by implementing better practices in our operations. We will build and continuously improve a SMS to support our operations. All employees are responsible to ensure that health and safety is an integral part of our work’s activities. All employees will participate in our SMS and lead at least one person, themselves. All employees will follow and help to improve standard operating procedures and other operational controls. Every employee will accept responsibility for personal health and safety, as well as that of co-workers and visitors to our operations. Contractor partners, suppliers, and all others who visit or use our facilities or operations must follow our standard operating procedures for health and safety.